Life in Progress

"I've learned that you shouldn't be afraid to change: instead be afraid to stay where you are..If you let fear of change rule you, you will live never knowing there is a fuller life out there that is yours for taking."

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Get some protection....

There are a lot things we need protection from these days. For me, I need some protection from myself..

I am currently in a rental car that tends to lock the doors on it's own, and of course it locked me out. Keys are and were in the car, motor not running thank god, and all the items that I had purchased and picked up-dry cleaning etc...are in the car with the damn keys. I am a menace to myself. So here I sit waiting for AAA to come and let me into my car which is parked inside my garage, and laughing at me. I can hear it..a soft evil laugh.

The other thing I have managed to NOT protect myself from is spyware. Oh yes, I have your Norton Anti Virus program and the Antispam and the personal firewall etc... That's not enough, because they all don't protect you from spyware. There I said it. That nasty word. I truly resent the people behind this. They have made my life as well as many others, I am sure, complete hell. Financially, you have to spend all this money to get protection against what these a--wipes are doing for amusements / retaliation against the system. They drop this crap in the back door of your system and leave it to fester and mess up everything you have created. I must leave a sign on my "proverbial" computer door that says "Hey I am not protected so come on in and get into my stuff"

This has not happened to me just once but now three times. I know first time shame on you second time shame on me but third time...hello, I am just plain stupid.

So I spent a good part of my down time (which there is none) right now in my life, cleaning out my computer and resetting it back to the original settings. Then re-loading all my stuff back into it which I still am not finished. I am supposed to be packing to leave for a business trip and I have been glued to this computer. So when I finally took a break this morning to run errands I come home only to lock myself out of the car.

I hope this is no indication as to how the rest of the day will go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home