Life in Progress

"I've learned that you shouldn't be afraid to change: instead be afraid to stay where you are..If you let fear of change rule you, you will live never knowing there is a fuller life out there that is yours for taking."

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Fortunate-ly

Yesterday, as I ate lunch at my favorite "asian" restaurant...http://houseofwongstl.com, shameless plug, I had some random thoughts about some things in my life. Maybe it's what szechuan chicken can do to you. Usually it just visits me throughout the day..hee hee.

As I waited for my food, I began "jotting" some thoughts down on paper. I think the waiter thought I was a restaurant reviewer b/c of the way I hid away the piece of paper when he approached the table.

I have found writing to be therapeutic, whether it's on my blog or in a journal. At least for me it helps me to see things I may otherwise overlook, actions that I keep repeating in my life with friends and family. Anyway, the traditional "Fortune" cookie came attached to the bill. Here is what lie inside..."You or a close friend will be married within a year".

Now, after I stopped laughing, I thought how un-fortunate for me. You may not know it, but my past record with men has been that they all get married AFTER they have dated me. Right after, by the way. They usually marry the person they left me for. Nice! And I am pretty sure I don't have any "single" close friends left who could benefit from this fortune.

So if the "fortune" inside the cookie has any merits...I may be married within a year. Seriously doubt it, since I am not convinced that I want to be married and I have not even had a relationship in the past year but if you are eligible and want to be married hanging with me is better than a fortune cookie, it's a guarantee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home