Life in Progress

"I've learned that you shouldn't be afraid to change: instead be afraid to stay where you are..If you let fear of change rule you, you will live never knowing there is a fuller life out there that is yours for taking."

Friday, October 21, 2005

Change


Fall is in the air. Although the temp is still pretty high here it makes it hard to feel as if we have actually crossed over into Fall. But change is in the air. As I drive around the city I see the leaves changing colors on all the trees. This has to be the most spectacular time of the year. It's amazing how the landscape can look so much like a painting. Red, yellow, gold, the colors are indescribable . I will truly hate to see the trees go bare and change into wooden stick figures against the horizon.

Change is good, so they say. Change happens or is that s--t happens? No matter, the bottom line is that change happens whether we like it or not. Sometimes we get a choice to make a change in our lives. That's the easier of the two. The harder one is when we don't have a choice. Change can be stressful and uncomfortable, it takes us out of that area we call our "comfort zone".

We have to let go of what we know as familiar to walk into unknown territory.

Changes in my life most recently, were my job, my health and relationships with friends and family.

I switched companies six months ago and at the same time learned I had to have part of my liver removed due to a tumor. During my recovery phase I became more involved in a relationship that I had no business being involved with in the first place.

I still have yet to learn that I can't change people or situations to be what I want them to be. I asked the Dr. what can I change in my life to prevent these tumors from growing. He replied-nothing. I asked the guy whom I never stopped loving where do we go from here? He replied-nowhere.

So, I can't change what is happening in my body nor can I change the way this guy feels about me. But I can change how I react to both and how I let them change my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home