Life in Progress

"I've learned that you shouldn't be afraid to change: instead be afraid to stay where you are..If you let fear of change rule you, you will live never knowing there is a fuller life out there that is yours for taking."

Monday, October 03, 2005

I'm a Woman....

Today it occurred to me that I may need to to succumb to some valium. I may no longer be able to personify the image of the "I can do it all" kind of gal I had hoped to be. I think I truly have some issues when it comes to asking for help. Mental note to self: Ask therapist about this one.


" I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan and never let you forget that your a man"

AHem...Unlike the Enjoli woman of the 70's , I do bring home the bacon, but I microwave it and then allow my man to make me feel like a woman! (If I had one)

So, as I sit here stuffing my mouth with sour cherry balls (it's candy).. settle down! I am thinking when did I stop asking for help from other people. Is it the Capricorn in me that propels me to insist that I can do it myself or is it that I may have been let down (disappointed) by so many of the men in my life and so called "friends" that I have given up on the ole' adage of having a shoulder to lean on.

Where's the shoulder? When my washing machine broke, did any of my married girlfriends offer the services of their husbands to help out their "man-less" gf? No. Did I ask for help? No. In my mind, if I had a hubby or a b.f., I would offer up his services (non sexual, of course) to a friend in need.

One of my gf's today said " you can't be mad at someone because they don't step up to the plate as you would..you can be disappointed in them, yes, but not angry because of where they set the boundaries as to how much they are willing to contribute to the relationship."

Sounds like a bitter pill to swallow...which reminds me...where did I put that little pill?

1 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Sour cherry balls. Those are my favorites. I love how the crust eventually becomes thin enough (as you've been sucking on them long enough) that it cracks and reveals the inner sweet, cherry-y goodness.

Remaining your anonymous friendly reader...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home