Life in Progress

"I've learned that you shouldn't be afraid to change: instead be afraid to stay where you are..If you let fear of change rule you, you will live never knowing there is a fuller life out there that is yours for taking."

Sunday, October 02, 2005

The "In" Crowd

I know it's supposed to be somewhat therapeutic to blog. It's an opportunity to say what's on your mind and get some things off of your chest. But it can be so lonely. You write and write and don't even know if anyone is reading or even gives a rat's arse about any of it.

I also think that my writing needs some help. I seem to be tying too hard to find topics which would interest anyone or that anyone would care about. I may have lost the whole meaning to this.

I have also noticed that once you get in a "click" of bloggers everyone passes around your blog and you'all converse back and forth. It makes writing something somewhat meaningful. I have begun to feel as if I need to be "in" a blogger click.

The few that have posted a comment, post annoymous. What? Does the fact that you read my blog makes your's less of one?

So, I am thinking of giving it up for a while. If I return, I'll change the name and make my profile annoymous and generic. That way I can really post the "stuff" that happens in my life good, bad and naughty. You know they say sex sells. Not saying that it would be like a steamy novel, however I might be able to write some thoughts without inhibition since no one I know will have access to this new site.

Giving it some thought.

3 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trick is to leave comments on other people's blogs, then they (and their readers) will find yours. Once you are in a circle, keep reading and commenting and they will do the same. You have to have time to do it, of course.

It's not for everyone. Sometimes I think it's no longer for me. But shed the pressure of coming up with something "interesting," and just write about you. Your day. Your friends. You'd be surprised how much stuff in your life is blogworthy.

But don't give up, your writing is great.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks Anonymous...

I needed that. :)

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Michelle!
Your blog is so open and honest and wonderful...even if you are a 'cat person'. :)

Thank you for linking my blog to yours. I will do the same. Proudly.

Keep writing, girlfriend...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home