Life in Progress

"I've learned that you shouldn't be afraid to change: instead be afraid to stay where you are..If you let fear of change rule you, you will live never knowing there is a fuller life out there that is yours for taking."

Sunday, September 11, 2005

I Remember...

I just finished watching the documentary on the Discovery channel of "The Flight that Fought Back". As I wipe the tears from my eyes, my heart still feels the horrors of that day. It was a beautiful warm sunny day when I awoke to this unbelievable tragedy unfolding before my eyes. The moment I turned on the TV I witnessed the crashing of the second plane into the tower. As I sat in disbelief my mind could not comprehend what my eyes had just saw. I went through the day as if in a mental coma. I was awake but unable to comprehend what was happening. I believe I slept with the TV on for two days straight falling in and out of sleep awakening to new developments and asking myself why over and over.

As I watched this documentary tonight my heart still aches for the loss that so many suffered that day. I also realize that life is so precious. We go about each day and have no idea if we will be here tomorrow. Did you tell someone that you love them today? Did you spend some time with someone you love? If you love someone do they know it? Did you do something that made you smile and brought some happiness into your heart?

I need to remind myself that everyday is a gift. The many people who lost their lives will always be remembered by their family, friends and those of us who never even knew them. Because although they may be strangers- they are us - and on that day we all lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home