Life in Progress

"I've learned that you shouldn't be afraid to change: instead be afraid to stay where you are..If you let fear of change rule you, you will live never knowing there is a fuller life out there that is yours for taking."

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Friday's Food for Thought

I started this food for thought concept back when I first started blogging except I called in Tids and Bits. Anyway, I am serving up a small plate of some self serving thoughts today...so grab a fork and sit for a bite.

Appetizer
The other day I received a shipment of 2000 business cards from the company I currently work for, I guess I will be there for a very , very long time. I haven't even used up the first 500.

So if you see one of my cards posted on a bulletin board, in a bathroom, or on a "Wanted" wall in the local police station...just know that I have 2000 cards I need to distribute.

Entree
This year I turn 40, actually Xmas day. Apparently none of my friends have volunteered to throw me a party so I decided to host my own, for a very special person, ME!
Hee hee.

I made out the guest list this evening and invited my closest friends to celebrate with me at a local restaurant, The Melting Pot. I love that place. We'll have cocktails then dinner, if I don't imbibe to heavily on dirty martinis!

It feels a little self serving however. But I have not had a birthday party since I was 4. I mean afterall I share the day with the big guy's son, who do you think comes first? And...all the bars are closed. This was a problem when I finally became legal to drink. Which btw was just a few years ago. Did I say 40, I meant 30. Then there is the combining of the gifts...two SEPARATE occasions = one gift. There's some bad math.

So, I am holding my little soiree the first weekend in December, several weeks before the big day and right at the peak of the gift buying season. Now, who's the blonde here?!

Salad (the european way, served at the end)
During one of the last face to face conversations I had with "the guy", he said to me ,"your body is not all that great, you give yourself too much credit." That comment came after I implied he just wanted to sleep with me. Ouch. Although I am no super model, I don't need to be reminded of that by the person I have been intimate with. Hello, lights out, please! Apparently this was intended as a "joke" which I did not get.

Desert
Thursday I went to have x-rays of my liver and my kidneys done. I will have the results next week to see if any of the tumors have progressed in size. DO you know the solutions you have to ingest for these things? One taste like banana flavored chalk..if there is such a thing, and the other is some very bitter lemonade flavored potion. Then at one point they inject some dye into your veins which makes you feel warm, very warm all the way down to your toes...stopping a few minutes in your nether region. Where (1) you feel very hot, which gets the mind spinning in that sexual mode when all of a sudden (2) you feel as if you have to pee. Buzz kill!

1 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger MamaKBear said...

Got news for ya...still get those "combo" gifts in the first week of December. My bday is the 5th, I got 'em lots of times! I always HATED that, felt like it was such a gyp. It's actually one of my pet peeves! lol

My 2 yr old's bday is New Year's Eve, and I swear I'll never do that to her. Made hubby promise too, tho he doesn't see what the big deal is...of course not! He was born in MARCH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home