Life in Progress

"I've learned that you shouldn't be afraid to change: instead be afraid to stay where you are..If you let fear of change rule you, you will live never knowing there is a fuller life out there that is yours for taking."

Friday, August 19, 2005

Tunes

I love music. It is one of the simple things in life that can bring some much pleasure. I listen to Cd's and flip the radio dial often. Sometimes I play this game, ok it may sound a little strange, but who cares it's my little game. When I am feeling indecisive about something, I look for "clues" in the songs to help me make up my mind. You know certain words that give you affirmation to a decision that you want to make . Sometimes when I am sad, the music takes on a more personal meaning and I can relate closely to some of the words in the songs. Sometimes it just empowers me to do something, live a little, or take a chance.
Some songs remind me of certain times in my life, people and events. I can place myself in that moment in time when that one song was playing..my senior prom, heading down to Florida with my friends, a lost love and a love lost.
So lately, when I hear something that "moves" me I have been jotting it down. So now and then I will be adding them into my blog. Here's what I have so far, apparently I have been in a melancholy mood. :)

Breathe by Vanessa Carleton
.."when I just breathe air will fill the space between ...everything will be alright...every little piece of me, you'll see, everythings all right...if I just breathe"

All I want by Toad the Wet Sprocket
"..truth is not kind and you said neither I am...all I want is to feel this way, be this close..."

Alone by Heart
"You don't know how long I have wanted to touch your lips and hold you tight,You don't know how long I have waited and I was going to tell you tonight ..But the secret is still my own and my love for you is still unknown,Alone....Till now I always got by on my own I never really cared until I met you And now it chills me to the bone How do I get you alone"

Speed of Sound by Coldplay
"How long before I get in?Before it starts, before I begin? How long before you decide? Before I know what it feels like? Where To, where do I go? If you never try, then you'll never know. How long do I have to climb,Up on the side of this mountain of mine"

Maroon 5 -Through with you
"And I don't trust you..Cause every time you're here..Your intentions are unclear..I spend every hour waiting for a phone call That I know will never come I used to think you were the one Now I'm sick of thinking anything at all
You ain't ever coming back to me That's not how things were supposed to be You take my hand just to give it back No other lover has ever done that"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home